What a great week and year?

Hey guys what is UP! Elder Hayes here in just the best mood ever! Because like what don't we have to be grateful for am I right? Despite so many things that are going on due to this Pandemic there are MIRACLES. A big thing that I've seen this week is how much your perspective on things matters, and knowing where your focus should be. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father and his constant watch over me. I know he loves you and he will guide you your whole life if you just seek to hear Him and His Son.

This week like my title says was great! I don't really have too many specific events that made it great but I guess I've just decided to be happy hahaha:) Elder Guajardo is just the best which always helps! we did do quite a bit service and that all went really well. Nothing too new there. I went on an exchange with Elder Felt and that was really fun! We had some really good conversations about things! He is going to train here soon so I was just getting him excited and giving him some tips:) we had a pretty good day and we went to his apartment gym which was so nice haha hadn't gone to one in a while. We also biked which I like never do because I've been blessed with a car my whole mission haha!

All the District Councils went really well! I got some pretty cool insights:) On Friday we had dinner with a Peruvian who was previously being taught by missionaries! 2 weeks ago we got a text out of the blue from the husband asking us if we could help them move! Elder Meyers and I went and helped and MAN THAT COUCH WAS HEAVY. Mostly because we had to maneuver it up to their floors of stairs but it's fine and then he said he would feed us Peruvian Cuisine! It was wonderful and the family is so sweet and has so much potential! It was rice with beef and was very yummy. I love food haha. And we also invited the Hermanas because he actually moved right outside of our area so darn we will probably still go eat there but they are the missionaries assigned to him now haha! Also, the tech zone came and trained us right before which was awesome because I got to see my best friend Elder Holt haha. I love him so much. They are doing some super cool stuff over there so stay tuned for more updates;)

Went on another exchange with one of our DL's! His name is Elder Mckendrick! He is reassigned from Panama and he is super fun! It went pretty well and an insane storm showed up outta nowhere so that's always fun.

This Sunday was super good! We had 2 awesome lessons! So Miguel is actually going to get baptized this coming Saturday! Something came up this last one and he asked for it to be moved! And SO COOL. Miguel said that his son wanted to join in on the discussion and he's 11! It was so cool! He was a little shy over the video call but we taught the Plan of Salvation and he loved it!! It went super well and I'm super excited for what the future holds️.

We also took the sacrament to this lady who recently lost her daughter. She is taking care of her daughter's daughter currently and we are trying to help out as much as we can! We brought the sacrament over and shared some scriptures and it was so good I felt the spirit super strong there.

Like my title says yes I finally hit a year on the mission. ABOUT TIME, haha just kidding. I'm so grateful for everything I've learned out here and especially the people I've met and relationships I've made Anyways that's about all I got but keep on pressing on! The future is as bright as your light! And that light comes through Jesus Christ so seek him in everything you do. Love y'all! Hope all is well:)

Elder Hayes






Comments

Popular Posts