Ummmm

Hey guys! Sorry I'm really bad at coming up with weekly titles but this week was pretty good!

The last P-Day I broke my Bench max! I got 325 lbs! So that was super awesome bahaha I love bench press. PM for the vid if you want to see it and on Tuesday Elder Meyers had his final interview which is crazy! It was pretty fun because I just got to talk to Sister Chapman for a while during Elder Meyers interview and she is just the sweetest lady haha. So awesome. BUT it's super crazy that Elder Meyers goes home next week! The time sure flew for him haha. I am going to miss him but it's okay because he is going to play lots of video games for me! Yay! Later that day we had a lesson with a social media referral we got! It was in person too which was great Haha. She is a super sweet lady and is going through a super hard time. She is mostly struggling financially and with the Corona Virus her job was put on hold! She has to take care of 3 kids by herself which is really hard. We gave her a Book of Mormon and promised that if she read it she would feel peace and be able to find a job! Will keep working with her:)


The next day we went on exchanges! I was with Elder Dorny and it was so fun! He is a reassigned missionary from Argentina and he is such a stud! We had a bomb Hispanic dinner which he was really happy about because he has been in English areas ever since being reassigned here hahaha bendiciones. We ate Flautas and Mexican Rice and a really good cucumber lemonade drink hahaha it was sooooo good.


On Thursday we went to Elder Highfill's house and I got to record one of the songs I wrote! It's based on a scripture in Alma 5 and the video is on youtube! You can find the link to it on one of my recent Facebook posts;) Thursday morning I also played a special musical number for the mission devotional! It was super fun. I made an arrangement of I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus and I Feel My Savior's Love. They are two really awesome Hymns from the Children's songbook and I guess I was prompted of sorts to put them together. It went really well and if you want to see that it's one of my recent posts as well;)

Friday was MLC which was pretty fun I guess. It's not in person so I guess it can only be so fun hahaha. Nothing too crazy was announced in it. We just are going to be keeping track of some other numbers weekly so that we can better measure our missionary productivity as a mission:)

We had church this Sunday and Elder Meyers shared his testimony, it was pretty fantastic haha. Also found out that the Mexico missionaries were able to get in contact with Miguel! He is my dad's best friend and we had been teaching him over video for a while! My dad has been working with him for like 30+ years and he is finally ready for baptism!! We are so excited and it has been so cool to be able to work with him and have that connection! I've met him in person before too so that's pretty cool. His date is set for August 29th and he is literally so prepared. Such a golden person and it wouldn't have happened without Coronavirus which is crazy haha.

Overall this week I learned many things. Among many, prayer is so awesome. God has answered many of my prayers when I very much wanted an answer! I know he is guiding me in the direction I need to be headed and he loves me! He has helped make certain things happen and put specific people in my path for very specific reasons! I invite you guys to pray what God's plan for you is. Love y'all!!

Elder Hayes










Comments

Popular Posts