Great Week!

Que Pasa everyone. Elder Hayes here in the great state of Texas very grateful for a cold front this week! Texas is hot and oh boy it actually got down to like 60 so that was awesome!!

On Tuesday I was on exchange with Elder Cutright! He's one of the District Leaders and he is awesome! He is actually reassigned from Oaxaca which is where my dad is from so that's cool:) we had a lot of service and it was really good!
On Wednesday we had District Councils and it was really fun! I gave a training on Obedience and it went really well! Love giving trainings:) I always learn so much!

On Thursday I recorded the audio for a duet I wrote! It sounds soooooo good and was so fun:) im so excited to record the video!!

On Friday we had MLC online! It was really good! MLC is a mission meeting with the leaders in the mission! We just talk about the mission and how we can help the missionaries and it's a time where we can counsel together with the Mission President! It can be really cool to see insights we have as we all come together!!

Saturday I was on exchange with Elder Ibarra! We had a really good day! We did some service for a resale shop and washed windows haha. It was pretty easy. We also had a pizza dinner which is always good. Can't go wrong with Dominoes!!️ And I recorded the audio for another music video that I'm doing with the MSTL's! It's going to be really good as well I'm excited for it!!

On Sunday we had a ton of meetings! We went to church which was really good! The Spanish ward is the best! I love blessing the sacrament! So many good memories doing it!️ Then we had lunch with some awesome members and that was really fun! We ate tortas yummmmm! Then we had a meeting with the Stake! It was about a new initiative called the Fruits of the Gospel initiative! I'm pretty excited about it! It is basically just the church getting organized and prepared to be more effective with our resources and open them up so the whole world can benefit from them! It will be really good! It's all about meeting their needs and as we serve them they are more likely to listen to our message or at the least have their hearts softened a little!

Not too much more other than that! Our Zone is doing pretty good and the transfer is flying! I've been in this area almost 6 months so it might be time for me to go but who knows haha. Only God does!

Spiritual thought: I just wanted to share this awesome quote from "Habits of Holy Men!" It's actually by Elder Uchtdorf but it says "Many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others. Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself."

I LOVE THIS. It was a great reminder for me that we need to love ourselves and say nice things to ourselves. Being self-compassionate is actually really hard! But I know that we can do it as we remember that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father and that mistakes and errors we make are common to have in our mortal lives. LOVE YOURSELF. YOU'RE ALL BEAUTIFUL IM SERIOUS. Hahah love you guys let me know if you need anything:)

Elder Hayes



Comments

Popular Posts