The one where I was almost in Quarantine and Christmas!

Hey, y'all! So I was almost put into quarantine! Well, I guess technically I was put into quarantine but only for a day so haha. We thought it would be longer but the missionary in our zone who was showing symptoms tested negative so YAY.




Other than that the week was slower missionary work-wise, but it was Christmas though and that was so so fun!! I got some awesome gifts that meant so much to me and wow I'm just so grateful for all the blessings I have!
😊 Being able to be out here at this time serving is incredible, and it is crazy that it was my last Christmas on the mission!

Well on Monday night Israel called us and asked if we could meet up with him so we quickly met him at the church and he expressed to us a lot of insecurities we had. We talked about the natural man and how through Jesus Christ and the proper priesthood authority we can leave behind our past selves. We are going to schedule a lesson with the bishop because we think it'd be really helpful and he agreed!😊

On Tuesday we made a Facebook music video and we had an awesome bible study with Jose and Gabriel! I met them for the first time and they are super cool!😊 we read the parable of the prodigal son which is one of my favorite parables and jeez its so so good. We talked a lot about repentance and the importance of forgiveness as well. They loved it and we plan to go back next week!

On Wednesday we had a District Council and it was super good! I like the district and the spirit was strong in the room😊 later at night we had dinner with a part member family and they are super cool! We shared a little Christmas message and I love their family!

On Thursday it was Christmas Eve and we were on quarantine this day haha it was a little slow, but we got notice we weren't in quarantine right before dinner so that was a save! With the other 4 missionaries in the ward we are pork, chicken, and rice😍 always pie for dessert as well! It was awesome😊

On Friday it was Christmas woohoo! My best friend sent me a package and I opened it that morning so that was fun😊 got to talk to the people I love, and ate some food! It was a good Christmas!!

On Saturday we raked in the morning and that was fun! We did multiple yards and the people were very surprised when they saw a little army of missionaries raking their yard! Service is the best! And then we did some roleplays where we practice teaching each other and that was lots of fun too!

On Sunday church was good. I got to see my big brother which was awesome! He had a layover in Dallas and my mission president approved for me to see him! It was super fun! I love him and his wife they are awesome😊❤ and then in the evening we set up a ton of lessons for the week by calling people so we are excited about that!😊❤ Anyway, love you guys! Stay safe! 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year soon!

Elder Hayes

Comments

Popular Posts