The one where the sun has to come out

 Hey y'all! 



So as many of you have heard, Winter Storm Uri brought power outages and water loss all across Texas. We were among the few missionaries that never lost power or water, which was a blessing for sure. We still were on order though to stay inside from Sunday to Thursday so that wasn't too fun😂 but needless to say, the sun has now come out, the temperature has risen rapidly, and almost all the snow has melted! So yay!

This week was mostly spent inside, and being inside was pretty boring, so I'm afraid that I don't have anything too exciting to report.

I will say that this coming week we are starting to teach our own group english classes! It's pretty awesome, here in Arlington we'll have English Classes going nearly every night! So many nonmembers want to learn English so it's a great opportunity to befriend them😊 I've always loved teaching English on my mission!

On Wednesday we walked to Braums which was really cold obviously😂 and of course to get ice cream😂 my companions wanted to and I mostly just wanted to stretch my legs so it was a good walk, and then we ran back for the last bit to get a little workout in so that was awesome!

On Friday we were allowed to go out because they took half of our p day on Monday because they didn't want us to go shopping then. So on Friday they gave us the other half and it was pretty fun!

That weekend we had two great lessons, one with Daniel and the other with Jose and Gabriel! Elder Stapley and Elder Schow are both improving with Spanish and I'm so proud hahaha. They are fun.

Other than that not much else happened this week so I'll leave it there, but I love y'all!! 

Stay safe!

Elder Hayes

Comments

Popular Posts