The one where I am loving Denton!

 Hey everyone! So yeah I've been here in Denton for almost two weeks and wow I love it!! It is an incredible place and I'm so grateful to be here!



I'm in a trio with Elder Murhula and Elder Sommers. Elder Sommers goes home in a month so he'll be finishing off his mission with us! It's been super fun so far and he isn't too trunky yet or anything so that's good haha.

Denton is a zone well known for the awesome service opportunities! From Foodbanks to yardwork to the coolest being the community farms called Shilo Fields where we help out with their growing and giving out of all kinds of food!! It's sweet!



My zone is the biggest in regards to how many missionaries we have, 33 missionaries in one zone hahaha it's a party for sure!!

This week we had a lot of good things happen! The area doesn't have too much as far as lots of solid people to teach but we are working hard to find more! We got an awesome referral from some Elders in Maryland! Her name is Mary. She is from Brazil, but also speaks a little Spanish and is doing really well with English! She wants to get baptized and is living with some members right now so we are super excited for her!! She also said she would help me learn more Portuguese so heck yeah!! The members are all awesome so far. We get fed every day and all the members have been really sweet!

I DO miss the Spanish ward a lot, and speaking English is kinda weird again hahaha. I have to translate what I say in my head from Spanish sometimesπŸ˜‚πŸ˜… but I'm a little used to it since in my first area I used mostly English!

We also have been doing yardwork service with this non-member family which has been so fun!! We got to teach them a little about the Restoration last time and gave them a Book of Mormon it was so awesome!! They are called the Tully's.

On Friday we got to go see a movie as a mission! It is called the Lamb of God! It's basically just music but it was so good! I loved it. It was an awesome opportunity. Also, I got to go with Elder Murhula and he became a citizen so that was really exciting!! We also went on exchange with the AP's which was so fun! They are awesome. We had Elder Ramirez in our area and that was a blast.

I also got to see my 2nd trainer!! Elder Fisher came and visited and bought me lunch so that was awesome.😊

Well, that's about all for this week. My birthday is on April 7th so if you guys want to send me anything here is my address.
1851 Brinker Rd. Apt 1113 Denton, TX 76208

Anyways, love y'all! God is so good:)
Elder Hayes

Comments

Popular Posts