Priesthood Power

Hey, ya'll? Como están? How are you guys? 

This week was pretty good! I got the opportunity to give two priesthood blessings which were super cool! Oh yeah and OUR PROPHET SPOKE TO US. Good stuff. This week we went to the Tarleton College campus a lot. I bring my yoyo and show the college kids a few tricks and then slide in with the Gospel of Jesus Christ hehe. It normally works every time I do it so I think it's good. Anyways I think Conference was one of the highlights so I'll share some of my favorite talks and notes on them!





Stephen W. Owen: Modern technology can bless us in many, but it can distract us from our connection with heaven. Are we being fed and not being nourished?

David A. Bednar: Satan is a crocodile with camouflage. Satan does not stop. Satan is the enemy of righteousness. The enemy of the children of God, all day, every day.
1. Beware of evils beguiling disguises
2. Stay awake and be alert
3. Understand the intent of the enemy

Cristina B. Franco: Share the Gospel. Always be a missionary. As an actual missionary, I should be working much harder. Joy in the work. I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ.

Dieter F. Uchtdorf: Get out of your comfort zone for a worthwhile experience. We are Bilbo Baggins. The journey of discipleship. Stay on the path and trust in God. Discipleship isn't about doing things perfectly, it's about doing things intentionally. Don't be ashamed. Take upon yourself the name of Jesus Christ.

Jeez! There were so many good ones but I have to hold back so this thing doesn't get too much longer. Since I shared these talks I won't share a scripture this week.

Spiritual Experience: I had one kinda crazy experience haha. My companion almost died or at least thought he was going to. He woke me up in the middle of the night and said he couldn't breathe. I was super out of it but I made up in my mind that I needed to give him a priesthood blessing. So by the authority of the Melchizedek priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ, I told him all we would be okay, and that he would feel peace despite the pain and fear he had at that moment. After that, his condition only improved and we went to the ER. It was some sort of freak reaction but we have no idea what. Maybe he would have been fine anyways but that's not the point. We have the priesthood to bless other people, yes but it is also for us to receive blessings by worthily using it as we exercise faith in Jesus Christ. I testify that God loves all of you no matter who you are. I know that because I've felt that same godly love towards all of you. Continue to progress spiritually and pray for guidance and light in your life. He hears our prayers.

Much love,
Elder Hayes

Comments

Popular Posts