God Hears Our Prayers

Hey ya'll! 


This week has been very good! One highlight, in particular, is that we set a baptismal date! Which was pretty exciting haha. Her name is Jessica and she is part of a member family and her sister in law gave us her number! In our first lesson yesterday we answered a lot of her questions and showed the Rome Temple tour video! It was really powerful and she understood the significance of the Temple! She has a desire to go there with her family so naturally, we said baptism was the first step haha. We hope everything goes smoothly as we help her prepare for baptism!! 

I love Texas. The food is incredible and the people are so spiritual and friendly it is crazy. Here in Stephenville there isn't a lack of cowboys. I see them 24/7, I've learned more about rodeoing than I ever thought I would.
Spiritual experience: A cool experience I had was that I prayed to know what I should do about a situation I was in and I received such a strong answer in an unexpected way! I know God hears your prayers, I know he loves all of us and wants to hear from us. Pray, pray every day every day.

Scripture: 1 Nephi 2:16 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers." I love this because Nephi first shows humility by recognizing his lack of experience due to his age. BUT THEN despite that, he recognizes that doesn't matter. What matters is having a desire to know the mysteries of God. If we have that desire I know like Nephi our heart can be softened as well.

As the Book of Mormon videos have been coming out I've been thinking about the Book of Mormon more than usual haha. We should read from it every day, every day. I love you guys and I want to hear from you so write meh!

Elder Hayes









Comments

Popular Posts