Missionary Life

Hey ya'll! ¿Cómo están? ¡Deben escribirme! 


I hope all is well! This week was good! We have someone we are preparing for baptism and she is super excited about learning more! Helping her recognize the spirit has been so fun! Our second lesson with her was sooooo amazing. After it, I was on such a high and I really felt so much joy. I even wrote how I was feeling at that moment so here's a little bit of that:


"Guys, I am shaking. I cannot believe how true the Gospel is. We have someone close to her baptism day and our second lesson was incredible. The Spirit was soooooo strong like holy crap. I am sooooo happy right now. She asks so many questions and wants to understand so badly so that she is ready for baptism. My companion and I were able to testify of the Spirit and help her identify it so many times. Seeing the light of the Gospel fill someone who hasn't had it before is the single greatest pleasure I've had in my life thus far. I truly recommend it to anyone. Being a missionary is sooooo incredible. God works through small and simple means to bring to pass great things. It is so true. Like Ammon in the Book of Mormon, I have come to see that I am nothing without God. So I will boast in my God, who has prepared the way for me to experience these incredible trials and success."

So that was what I wrote after that lesson haha. I went on exchanges with Elder Harmon from Granbury and led out my area. That was pretty cool that I was able to do that! We got along really well! I've been more and more grateful for the Book of Mormon as the days go by. Studying it really brings you so much understanding and joy. If you aren't actively reading it or studying it, please do so, it WILL change your life.

Scripture of the week: Alma 26 is an incredible chapter for getting a boost as a missionary. Specifically, verse 27 talks about how the Lord will comfort us if we will be patient and trust in him. Reading this will strengthen your desire to serve the Lord and bring souls unto him.

Anyways, love you guys so much. Keep doing your best to be better than you were yesterday. The missionary life is weird but it's way fun haha. I'll keep pushing myself.

Elder Hayes


Comments

Popular Posts