Temple!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while! I moved my p-day to last Saturday because we went to the temple for two sealings and an endowment session! It was sooooo sweet. The Dallas Temple is so pretty. That being said though it was a very long week. I also threw up twice yesterday because I got sick or something. ANYWAYS

This week was very good! We are having a lot of success! We have a baptism coming up on Sunday! I'm so excited! It's for a 12 year old girl named Aspen and she is awesome! We didn't have quite as many lessons as we would have liked this week but mostly it was because people were busy with Thanksgiving and all! Thanksgiving was very good. I ate a lot of food. I also had the best Turkey I've ever had(Courtesy of the Post and Heller family.) Bishop Heller smoked it and it was just sooooo good. He also dripped bacon grease on it. It was just incredible Turkey.

We had four investigators at church this Sunday so let me tell you about them!
Ashton: She is Jessica's daughter and now that Jessica is baptized we have been teaching her!

Aspen: Her parents are members and she is so ready for her baptism on Sunday!
Tiffany: She is the granddaughter in law of a recent convert named Vickie! I love Vickie. She is so awesome haha. That being said Tiffany has had some struggles in life but it seems she is finally learning to rely on the Gospel! We are excited for her!
Fabian: His grandparents are members and he lives with them right now! They are a Hispanic family and are so awesome! I love them so much hahaha. Fabian is 12 and it was his first time to church! He is a beast. He likes English better but his grandparents only really speak Spanish.

So those are some of our people right now! Pray for them as they prepare for Baptism!
I love this Gospel so much! I see the hand of the Lord every day! He is constantly preparing people for us! Pray for the opportunity to share the Gospel and he will give it to you if you are ready and willing! There is so much you can do even if you aren't a missionary!

Scripture of the Week: Alma 30:60
60 And thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell.

It's scary to think about but it's TRUE! Satan is real and out there constantly trying to keep us from doing the things we know to be right! All he wants for us to be miserable like he is! Accepting the Gospel and doing our best to live it can keep us from falling into his snare. Satan is NOTHING compared to Jesus Christ. Let's do our best to be like Jesus!

Love you guys! Have a good week! Let me know how Thanksgiving was!
Elder Hayes





Comments

Popular Posts