Out here with the Cowboys Yeehaw!

Hey, y'all!! How are you guys? It's been a while! I'm already here in my first area in Texas!! It's in Stephenville, apparently the cowboy capital of Texas they say haha. Its pretty fun out here, all the people are really nice. There are a ton of different religions here. It's pretty crazy to me! I've always lived in places like Utah or Idaho where there were lots of members so it's really cool to see all the diversity! In my area, there is a college campus! It's called Tarleton and it's so fun to go and proselyte there! The college kids are normally more open to talking to us since we are about their age anyway haha. As some of the Elders here say, with the college girls you have to "flirt to convert." I actually think it's pretty funny haha.


We aren't teaching that many people right now. My companion is Elder Paikuli, he's from Hawaii. There is one college girl named Onyi who is so close to being baptized!! She's taken all the lessons and goes to church and other activities! I know as I continue to pray for her that she will see the importance of baptism soon!
I love the ward! It's a mixed Spanish and English ward right now. I translated sacrament meeting and Relief Society into Spanish from English for some of the Hispanics in the ward haha. I was a little nervous at first but its wasn't that hard, I think I did pretty good haha. 

I don't have much more to say but I hope I have a much more exciting week ahead! I love you guys! And don't forget Texas is the greatest country!

Much love, Elder Hayes






Comments

Popular Posts